Rules for controlled betting behaviour
- Do not bet/gamble more than your budget allows.
- Regardless of win or loss:
- It is absolutely necessary that you stop gambling when your predefined sum of money for betting/gambling is gone.
- Never gamble/bet if you do not have the financial means.
- Do not gamble/bet if you run into debt due to gambling/betting and never gamble/bet with borrowed money.
- Do not gamble/bet with money that was predetermined for other things (e.g. gift for your child, rent, repair work etc.).
- Never gamble in order to escape from stress.
- Set limits for the time you spend gambling/betting.
- Never gamble/bet if you neglect or must give up your social and/or professional activities.
- Take a break if the frequency of your gambling/betting increases.
If you feel you have lost control over your betting behaviour, contact one of the information services mentioned in the help section.
Maintain control of your behaviour and be careful that your behaviour does not control you!
If luck is not with you...
- "Trapped in the vicious circle of the biochemistry of emotions, one may lose control over his or her behaviour."
- Gambling, such as bets and machine gambling which are offered in public, is intended for entertainment and leisure purposes, but it may become an uncontrollable passion.
- That is why gambling carries the risk of the possibility of sliding into uncontrollable behaviour, which may lead to several problems. The gambler invests more and more time and money, the gambling gives the illusion of creating a more bearable life and thus the development of an addiction is not far off.
- It is TIPWIN's wish to avoid such harmful changes. It is important to take preventive measures as early as possible so that you can take pleasure in the joy and excitement of gambling.
Are you at risk of losing control over your gambling behaviour?
- Are there situations in which you gamble although you initially did not want to? (Y/N)
- Have you ever tried to stop gambling and couldnt? (Y/N)
- Have you often missed dates/appointments due to gambling? (Y/N)
- Do you mainly gamble if you are bored, stressed or sad? (Y/N)
- Have you got financial problems because of your gambling expenditures? (Y/N)
- Do you have family problems because of your gambling frequency? (Y/N)
- If you think about gambling do you notice physical symptoms such as inner restlessness, wet hands, racing heart, or a kind of tickling sensation for example? (Y/N)
- Do you suffer from your gambling behaviour? (Y/N)
- Do you believe that you are able to crack the gambling system/predict betting results? (Y/N)
- Do you often think of combinations of numbers, betting possibilities, races and sports events, or do you think of winning or the compensation of your loss? (Y/N)
- Do you try to hide your passion for gambling? (Y/N)
If you answered "YES" to 3 or more questions, then you should really think over your betting behaviour.
There are lots of independent organizations that offer help to compulsive gamblers.